Saturday, January 13, 2018

Chalk Board Technique Done Better


Hello! Just wanted to pop in and share my finding... Remember my fish Rolo that did not turn out so hot when I did the Chalk Board technique using pigment ink and heat embossing powder? Well, Dani Rogall, the wonderful owner of the TMTA Challenge blog, urged me to try another way to do it and I did. Check this out:


Dani even has a demonstration video right here using Versamark and Pan Pastels. It's the easiest thing in the world. I couldn't resist adding some sequins and a few wavy lines with my white gel pen, but I kept it pretty simple and monotone as to not distract from the technique.

Here is the back of my Rolo with the Job 12:7-9 Bible verse. I used my Neo 2 crayons and my blender digits (aka fingers), then chose an old marker from my box and went around the edges with it. 


And here it is in its spot on the Dex. I really like how it turned out and at my success at this different technique. I have some of those chalk board greetings phrase stamps but I have always been too intimidated to try them out. Well, no more! And Pan Pastels are quick n easy as well. My only challenge was to fixate and seal them, so I got out my hair spray. Worked like a charm. LOL I even have Pastel Fixative but I was too excited and in a hurry to remember that!

I am entering this Rolo into the same 2 challenges as the others:

Back again tomorrow with an Affirmation Card... Have a great Sunday!













No comments: