Thursday, January 25, 2018

Grandma Was Slow, But She Was Old


Back in the day in 6th grade, when our teacher, Mrs. Keefer, would think my class was taking too long on something, she would tell us to hurry up by saying 'Grandma was slow, but she was old' as in what was our excuse? I find myself wishing more and more I had Mrs. Keefer pushing me again to go faster because I am just such a slowpoke artist no matter what it is I'm creating. Guess I just want to enjoy the creating but I also make mistakes if I don't think through things first. And then I can get overwhelmed and forgetful. LOL, maybe now the phrase should be 'Amy was slow, but she was old.'

At any rate, I finally finished 2 pieces of art that I'm sharing today. As promised, 2 Happy New Year cards using the ATC's I shared with you last post. They may seem very similar because I used the same basic layout and the same Basic Grey Fruitcake papers. First one:

 I paired the ATC with 2 Gecko Girls collage sheet images, a stamped Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment and snowflake and metallic ric-rac.

 Here is the inside. If you remember 12x12 Basic Grey card stock, you know it's on the flimsy side and does not make a great card base as I have used it. But when 110# card stock is added to each side the card becomes quite sturdy. I had fun using up some old dye ink pads from my Use It Up box to color the inserts after printing out a poem and an inside sentiment. 

 And the back of the card. LOVE the Lawn Fawn Handmade With Love stamp and always choose it when I can. 

Here's the second card:

 This card pairs the ATC with a Gecko Galz collage sheet image, an old clock sticker and white ruffle ribbon from my stash and a vertical sentiment from Sugarloaf/CeeDee's. 

 The inside of this card has the same card stock inserts inked up in different colors and I've added corner flourishes with a very old Autumn Leaves Ronna Farrer Gypsy Style 2 stamp. The January girl collage sheet image is Gecko Galz and the boy and clock image is from Collage Play with Crowabout Week 106 sheet. I have so many collage sheet and other images that I'm thinking why limit them to only the card front?

And the back of this one, same as the first one except that I stamped the strips using a stamp from Michelle Ward's Green Pepper Press.

I am entering the first card in:

I am entering this second card in:


Thank you very much for visiting me and letting me share my art. I'll have some Rolos to share with you next time.




No comments: