Tuesday, January 9, 2018

ROLO-ver, Beethoven! ;-)


How is everyone? I hope you are well and not down with this crud virus that's going around. Honey and I both came down with it Christmas night and we still have our coughs. I'm finally getting over my crud and I've been to town working on Altered Rolodex Cards! Sometimes I call them ROLOs and other times ARCs. I wanted to share the 4 I've made recently using various techniques and for online challenges.


The Technique Junkies stamp set I used is shown above. It is called Spiritual Icons and is a very old set from back when TJ bought Stamp Camp's inventory. I am also using TJ's Proverbs stamp set.



Think Monday, Think ATC's theme this week is to do the Chalk Board technique and I wanted to try it. I found instructions in my old Technique Junkies files that used black card stock, but I had to work with my Rolodex cards that came with my wheel. So I inked the cards up with Ranger Archival Jet Black and it worked! I did learn the hard way to very thoroughly powder the surface before stamping and heat embossing. The fish card is my first attempt and I did use my little static bag of powder, but not near enough and I couldn't get all the stray embossing powder off with a paint brush. That's why the one with the dove looks so much better. Anyway, these 2 are for TMTA-Chalk Board Technique.
And the fish Rolo I am entering into Take a Word Challenge - Fish theme.


This sun card is my favorite as the intensity of color is beautiful. See the bands of color background? That's called the Gradient Sponging technique and that is the challenge over at the TJ blog I made this for. I stamped the sun stamp directly on the background and then another time on white card stock which I water colored and cut out and adhered over the stamped image. I had fun coloring this. The Ranger Archival inks are great for water coloring.


This one is also a favorite. I love this little angel-winged girl. I stamped her with Memento Paris Dusk ink and added some Stickle to the stars and some lace edging from my stash. I'm entering this one in Moo Mania's Welcome Somebody Something The New Year challenge.


Here is the back of the Rolo. I used markers from the Old box and just drew lines to make the background.


The stamp I used for this card is a Melanie Sage stamp from Alluring Impressions.

No comments: